Scope: This specification defines performance requirement for Capron Components which require Electropolishing and/or Passivation of Stainless Steel.
- Standard Specification for Chemical Passivation of Stainless Steel Parts ASTM A967 / A967M – 17
- Standard Specification for Passivation of Stainless Steels Using Electropolishing ASTM B912 – 02(2013)
- Standard Practice for Cleaning, Descaling, and Passivation of Stainless Steel Parts, Equipment, and Systems A380 / A380M – 17
- ASTM B-117 Standard methods of salt spray testing for corrosion resistance
All of the following requirements must be met to achieve acceptable quality. No one requirement, exclusive of others, is capable of insuring satisfactory performance.
All part testing requirements apply to those areas of the part identified as a significant surface unless otherwise specified.
THE FOLLOWING SIFNIFICANT CHARACTERISTICS WILL BE MEASURED AND KEPT ON FILE.
- Cleaning Prior to Electropolishing & Passivation of Stainless Steel:
Stainless Steel parts shall be cleaned using principles defined in ASTM A380, and/or ASTM A380M-17
- Corrosion Protection:
Parts must meet corrosion requirement corresponding to service condition/hours, as specified by purchase