Electropolishing Stainless Steel
Capron Manufacturing provides first-rate electropolishing and passivation of stainless steel engineering. Electropolishing is essentially a “reverse plating” technique that uses a combination of chemicals and electrical current to carefully remove surface imperfections and contaminants from metal parts rendering the surface smooth and shiny, while the structure and strength of the base component is retained. Our electropolishing of stainless steel strictly follows ASTM guidelines and specifications.
Benefits of Electropolishing:
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Delays corrosion properties of copper, brass, carbon steels, and aluminum
- Removes surface material and surface contaminants
- Improved fatigue life
- Reduced friction and abrasion
- Smooth and bright surfaces
- Optimal cleaning properties
- Supreme weldability and solderability
- Definite reduction of gas condensation
The possible applications of electropolishing of stainless steel are various. These include:
- Medical & dental instruments
- Automotive components
- Home and industrial appliances
- Pharmaceutical equipment
Our engineering processes make it possible to achieve a unique look and feel that meets both decorative and functional requirements.
For more information, please contact us to speak with an expert for your electropolishing of stainless steel requirements @ 815.569.2301
We are your one-stop shop for all of your metal finishing needs!